Karen Saunders specializes in pediatric medicine. Certified by the National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, she provides acute, chronic and well childcare to pediatric patients. Karen can write prescriptions, order medical tests, provide referrals, perform physical exams and procedures.
She enjoys reading and spending time at the beach.
Areas of Interest: Pediatrics- Birth to 18 years
Education and Training: Karen received her Diploma in Nursing from Petersburg General Hospital School of Nursing, her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Medical College of Virginia-VCU, and her Master of Science in Nursing, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner from the University of Virginia
Academic and Professional Appointments:
- Health professional representative Prince George County Schools Health Advisory Board
- Nurse Practitioner Preceptor – MCV-VCU, UVA, & Old Dominion School of Nursing
- Fellow National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, VA Council of Nurses Practitioners, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Alumni Association of VCU & UVA
- Past member Advisory Committee on Licensure of Nurse Practitioners of the Joint Boards of Medicine and Nursing – Department of Health Professionals – State of Virginia
* MSN = Master of Science in Nursing
CPNP = Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Call 804.526.1111 or click to make an appointment with Karen. Appointments