Tami Rickey is Board Certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and certified in Asthma Education. She specializes in family medicine and provides acute, chronic and preventive health care to patients from birth to geriatrics.
She is the mother of 3 children and enjoys spending time with her family and Labrador retriever. She also enjoys outdoor activities and cooking.
Areas of Interest: Managing chronic disease, allergic disorders, Asthma, women’s health, pediatrics
Procedures Performed: Incisions and drainage, punch biopsies of skin lesions, joint injections and spirometry.
Education and Training: Tami has been a registered nurse since 1983 and a nurse practitioner since 1995. She received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Maryland. She is also a certified asthma educator.
- Academic and Professional Appointments:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Adjunct Faculty at VCU Medical Center
- Nurse Practitioner Preceptor at VCU Medical Center
- American College of Nurse Practitioners
* MSN = Master of Science in Nursing
NP-C = Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
AE-C = Asthma Education Certified
Call 804.526.1111 or click to make an appointment with Tami. Appointments